On Tuesday 25th October from 9:00am – 4:30pm we’re hosting the biggest and best online student legal work experience of the year. We are then from 6:00pm – 7pm running a parent / guardian session. Please read until the end to find out more on the parent session.
This isn’t just another online careers event! This could change your future.
Quite simply, if you’re interested in a career in the legal profession and are looking to secure a training contract, work experience, a Solicitor apprenticeship, an in-house GC role or gain a Pupillage – then attending this event will increase your chance of success. FAIRE is the biggest legal virtual insight event out there, so don’t miss this.
There’s no ‘catch’, no ‘sell’, it’s simply an event designed to increase YOUR chances of achieving the legal career of your dreams by giving you access to insights, knowledge, a network of contacts and careers advice that you won’t get anywhere else.
This isn’t about you getting a foot in the door at one particular firm or chambers, it’s far bigger and broader than that. You’ll hear from industry expects on ALL aspects of the law.
The event will see the legal professions most successful, high profile and diverse role models (all of which have faced rejection and barriers) come together to share their intimate stories and advice on how you can:
What you will learn:
- Stand out from the crowd (in terms of applications)
- Get insider information on what law school doesn’t teach you! (and how to use this inside information to transform your application chances)
- Understand and apply what really matters to Chambers Interviewers when it comes to Pupillage candidates?
- Know what in-house legal teams value most (from their own teams and from their law firm supply chain!). This insight will help you articulate how you can add value to clients – and again help you stand out from other trainee or apprentice applications.
- Articulate and develop a positive, resilient mindset and grow by using feedback.
- Know who you should be networking with, how to do it, and why it’s going to help you.
- Decide what the best route is for you (LPC, SQE, Pupillage, Apprenticeship, etc.)
- Know where to look for (and how to access) work experience opportunities in the legal profession
The line-up of confirmed speakers includes:
- Chris Daw QC (who’s clients include the rich & famous!)
- Sultana Tafadar QC, HSBC in-house legal team
- Laurie-Anne Power QC
- Justin Farrance (GROW Mentoring CEO and A&O Lawyer!)
- Holly Moore (ITV Legal Apprentice
- Lubna Shuja (incoming President of The Law Society),
- Browne Jacobson and the wider UK legal profession.
Sign up now – you don’t want to miss this one. This really will increase your confidence, knowledge, network, and application chances.
You will receive a Certificates of Completion that you can add to your CV and talk about in your UCAS applications / future job interviews.
This opportunity is open to all students in Y9 / S2, Y10 / S3, Y11 / S4 / 4th Year, Y12 / S5 / 5th Year, Y13 / S6 / 6th Year, Y14 & university students.
The sign up link is:
Parent / Guardian Session
Following on from the student day time event we are going to be running a shorter parent / guardian event that will discuss the kinds of careers within the legal industry, legal apprenticeships and where to find them and a Q&A to wrap things up.
This parent session is going to be ran on using the same Zoom link and by signing up using the link above you will receive further info on this as well.
If you have any questions please let us know. Feel free to share this opportunity with any friends / family who might be interested.
Dan / Young Professionals