- Plan to take breaks after thirty or forty-five minutes at most. Any longer and it is likely that nothing more will sink in. Take a short break in between sessions and have a glass of water or something similar to drink. Get up and walk around.
- Plan revision in the evenings after school to allow for relaxation time
- Plan to revise specific topics in each subject, not everything at once – planning time provided
- Ensure that each session starts by tackling the most difficult bits.
- Plan to cover each subject several times and revisit each one near to the exams.
- Revising with the TV or radio on or with loud music is not a good idea.
- Reading is not generally enough. Making brief notes in either words or pictures helps to remember. You should by now, know which way works best for you.
- Have all the books you need to hand so you don’t have to go off looking for information.