We are very proud of our academy and we expect students to take pride in their appearance. All students at Thrybergh Academy must wear the uniform which is purple, black and white. The items are as follows:
- White Cotton Shirt
- Black Knitted V-neck Jumper or Cardigan with academy logo
- Purple/Grey Diagonal Stripe clip-on Tie
- Plain Black Trousers or Skirt (jeans, tracksuit bottoms or fashion trousers with logos or loose trimmings are not allowed)
- Full Plain Black Shoes (leather or synthetic leather – no logos or coloured stitching/shoelaces – see the below letter for clarification)
- Indoor – black shorts and black/purple polo shirt, both with academy logo
- Outdoor – as indoor uniform with a black sweat hoodie with academy logo
PLEASE LABEL ALL CLOTHING WITH FULL NAME, INCLUDING COATS
In addition to the uniform students are expected to have the following items with them each day:
- As a minimum, all students must bring with them 2 x pens, 1 x pencil, 1 x rubber and 1 x ruler in a pencil case
- Suitable bag to transport books, folders and PE kit to and from school
Hair and Make-up
Neutral hair colours and natural highlights are acceptable. Extreme styles and vivid colours are not appropriate for school. The Headteacher will make the final decision on any extreme hair colour and/or style which may result in the student being withdrawn from lessons. The wearing of make-up is generally discouraged, however a light natural looking covering will be tolerated.
In the interest of personal safety, hygiene and security the only jewellery allowed to be worn in school, apart from a wristwatch, is one pair of small stud earrings. ALL other body piercing jewellery and decorative jewellery is not allowed to be worn in school. This includes tongue bars and all face piercing jewellery, rings, necklaces and bracelets. False nails will no longer be permitted due to health and safety and hygiene reasons in PE and Technology
Regulations backed by the LEA and DfE state that all jewellery, including ear studs, MUST be removed for PE lessons.