Faculty Leader for Science (SECONDARY)
Job title: Faculty Leader for Science
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: TLR 1a
Contract term: Permanent
Number on roll: 684
To commence from September 2019
The governors, staff and students of Thrybergh Academy are looking to appoint an outstanding and committed professional to join Thrybergh Academy, Rotherham’s only Through School, situated on both the Foljambe Primary Campus and the Thrybergh Secondary Campus. Our aim is to provide an outstanding seamless education to students from 3 -16. We believe strongly in providing our students with nothing less than the best provision in order to equip them for a successful future ahead. The school faces significant challenges following a recent Inspection judgement and subsequent Inspection report and therefore is looking to appoint an exceptional leader with the ability to bring about rapid change and sustained improvement. The Academy is currently receiving support from Wickersley Partnership Trust.
You will have the opportunity to shape the vision for Science across all Key Stages in the Academy, ensuring that the provision our students receive, sets them on an outstanding educational pathway into the future. We will support you in managing and developing a Science curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated for all. There is the opportunity to make a big impact on standards of student attainment and achievement in Science through your creativity, motivational skills and keen focus on improvement.
As Faculty Leader for Science you will need to demonstrate:
• Excellent classroom practice
• A track record of driving change and raising standards
• Strong leadership, motivational and creative skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• A willingness to learn and develop alongside our Academy staff
• A forward thinking approach to educational development and the ability to implement innovative ideas in order to engage, enthuse and challenge all students in Science
• An ambition for yourself, the students and the academy community
Thrybergh Academy can offer you:
• A chance to establish your vision for the Science setting
• Ambitious, hardworking and supportive staff
• Kind, creative and passionate students
• A safe, secure and caring environment
• High quality joint professional development
• Wonderful opportunities to develop and grow your career in Rotherham’s only Through School
• The trust, support, autonomy and space to grow as a leader
• Complimentary gym membership at our on-site Sports Centre
You are warmly welcomed and encouraged to visit the Thrybergh Campus in order to meet our leaders, staff and students. Please arrange these visits with Jill Leaning on 01709 850471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 midday on Monday 20th May
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 22nd May
Information and an application form are attached to this advert and are returnable to Jill Leaning at Thrybergh Academy Campus on email@example.com
Thrybergh Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please visit the school website to view our safeguarding policy.
Closing date for applications is Monday 20 May 2019 at 12:00.
Interviews will be held on the week of Wednesday 22 May 2019.