Thrybergh Sports Centre, a Health and Fitness support services company, aims to deliver high quality services to our customers. The company also prides itself on its exemplary health and safety record and commitment to staff.
Thrybergh Sports Centre facilities and services provide a diverse range of health, fitness, sport, leisure and recreational services for the communities that we serve in the Thrybergh and Rotherham borough area.
An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Thrybergh Sports Centre as a Full Time Apprentice Leisure Assistant.
- To comply with the Centre's Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
- To carry out cleaning duties as necessary.
- To wear the prescribed staff uniform at all times.
- To carry out patrols of the Centre.
- To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
- To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
- To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
- To assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre.
- You must be able to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings and weekends.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer relation skills and ability to communicate in an appropriate manner to all clientele
- The ability to work as part of an effective team to provide high standards of service.
- Have some understanding of Health and Safety issues relating to the effective operation of a multi-activity leisure centre.
- Have some ability to coach a small group of children.
- Punctuality, with a good understanding of the importance of time-keeping, to provide an effective service.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities issues, both within the work place and community in general
- Personal qualities
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, the ability to give precise information and enforce strict guidance when necessary.
- Genuine interest in leisure and fitness and dealing with members of the public
- Good attendance and work record
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team
- Desired qualifications
- A good level of education including GCSE's (or equivalent) at D or above in Maths and English
Could lead on to the following:
- Sports Coach
- Fitness instructor
- Sports Centre Deputy Manager
Things to consider
You must be able to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings and weekends on a rota basis
As well as the Apprentice learner programme, the opportunity is available to undertake Indoor Climbing qualification, First Aid at Work which will continue further education under the RNN Group Apprenticeship training programme.
There will be opportunities to build a career within the Health, Fitness & Leisure industry and the successful candidate will also be entitled to free use of the centre's facilities.
For more information or to apply for the post, please go to the Find An Apprenticeship website.